Indosat's 4G LTE Speed

Yesterday Indosat helds Icip-Icip 4G LTE event with their community, so their community can experience the speed of 4G LTE network before the service is available to the market.



Currently, Indosat said, the LTE network is already available in 23 cities in Indonesia, such as Jakarta, Medan, Lampung, Mataram, Balikpapan, Makassar, Banjarmasin, Samarinda, and some other cities. With a push of a button on the BTS, the service can be run. But of course, they still have to wait for licence from the government.




Anyway, at the event, they test their LTE network on 900MHz and 1800MHz band to see how is the maximum speed that end users can get.

On the testing session, they downloaded 6GB of high definition movie file from a FTP site. Using Samsung's Galaxy S5 Plus device, they managed to reach 185Mbps download speed. WOW! I mean, WOW!!!

I have the chance to borrow their SIM card that they use on the Samsung device. Too bad, since my device isn't LTE ready yet, I only managed to get this speed:


Hmm.. 29Mbps download speed using smartphone? I think I can live with it.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.