How to Repair Broken Powerbank

Nowadays, who doesn't need powerbank? This is a must have accessories for smartphone or tablet users who used their gadgets most of their time.

In the market, there are many power bank brands with different quality , capacity, and price. Of course, most of the time, the cheap one are the most likely to get broken, sooner than the other. Here is my experience fixing my Silicon Power P40 4400mAh.

FYI, this powerbank gets broken after my cat accidentally kicked it when he was asleep on my table, and the powerbank dropped to the floor from about 1 meter high.

- First, remove the stickers on the top and bottom of the PB. Stick it elsewhere in case you still need them later.
- Open the case. There is no screw or hole for you to open. So, you have to force it open useing screwdriver or other flat tools.


- The case is really hard to open because it is sticked so tight to the battery using double tape.
- After I open the case and pull the board out, I can see that the USB plug is no longer attached to the board. The fall must have break the tin.


- All you need is to solder it back to the board with tin, and you'll have your powerbank back.


I haven't re-checked the output current yet after I fixed the connectors, will update ASAP. At least, no need to buy another one for now.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.